Top 5 places to visit in Chilliwack: Chilliwack is a beautiful city which is located in the province of British Columbia, Canada. It is a wonderful & very beautiful city with many famous tourist places which makes Chilliwack a very famous tourist destination in Canada.
It is located in the east of Vancouver off the Trans Canada Highway. In 2021, the population of Chilliwack is estimated to be around 93,247.
It is one of Canada’s top tourist destinations because the city offers outdoor to indoor fun activities. It is famous for outdoor activities such as hiking, rock climbing, mountain biking, horse riding, camping, fishing, paragliding, golf, etc.
Top 5 places to visit in Chilliwack
- Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park: Chilliwack lake provincial Park is an astonishing protected green space that offers all of these activities – and all in all more. Chilliwack Lake itself is the crown jewel of the park: The lake is open to both motorized and non-motorized boats & is a great place for swimming.
There are also 4 smaller lakes in the park: Lindeman, Greendrop, Radium, Flora & playgrounds for the kids to play. A hike through the dense forests, paddle on a beautiful lake, dinner by campfire, sleeping in tents; this is what you can experience here. This should be included in your travel list, definitely worth your time.
Address:- Trans Canada Trail, Rosedale, British Columbia, Canada
Timings:- Open 24 hours
- Cultus Lake Waterpark: One is one of the most famous & popular tourist attractions in British Columbia, Canada. Especially in the summer, it should not be missed out by anyone.One can chill here by enjoying his/her vacation by riding 25+ different slides & other attractions.
Little kids can enjoy the Kiddie Castle, The family spray park, turtle pool & other slides, while older kids can enjoy the slides namely – Rattler , Tubular Terror, & many other slides.
It was again opened back in the year 1984, since that time, it has become everyone’s favorite. There are plenty of ways to stay cool. This should be included in your travel list, definitely worth your time.
Address:- 4150 Columbia Valley Hwy, Cultus Lake, British Columbia, Canada
Timings:- 10am – 7pm (Monday)
Official Website:- www.cultus.com
- Chilliwack Cultural Center: You can catch a show at the Chilliwack Cultural Center. There is always something amazing & entertaining going on at the Chilliwack Cultural Center such as dramas, plays, concerts, music, dance practice & performance, art workshops, comedy & other acts, etc.
It was opened in 2010. This center is a mix of venues; from a 575-seat theater to music rooms & art studios. You can visit here for a fun night out & many other exciting things. Here you can see the art and culture of Chilliwack.
Also, the price of attending each venue is reasonable & depends on the type of event you want to attend. Many options are available at all price points. Many other facilities are also provided & all these facilities are modern & high-quality – all well-maintained. This should be included in your travel list, definitely worth your time.
Address:- 9201 Corbould Street, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Timings:- 9:30am – 5pm
Official Website:- www.chilliwackculturalcentre.ca
- Vedder River: You can wander at the Vedder River Rotary Trail. Lace up your shoes & head to the Vedder River Rotary Trail for a peaceful & pleasant virtual activity at any time of the year. It is a 8-10 km trail that follows the beautiful & alluring rushing river ‘Vedder River’.
You can see the flora & fauna. You can spend your time with other walkers, cyclists, runners, animals such as dogs to captivate your interest. You can catch a glimpse of the salmon but make sure to keep your eye on the Vedder River in the late fall months.
The Vedder River Rotary Trail starts from the Vedder Park & ends at the North Dyke Trail. This trail is quite flat & effortless. You can spend a quality time here & make sure to visit here once.
Address :- Rotary Trail, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada
Timings :- Open 24 hours
- Chilliwack Fair: Your Chilliwack vacation trip is incomplete without attending the Chilliwack Fair. You can celebrate the Chilliwack fair & can enjoy it with your family & friends.
It is a festival that celebrates the heart & spirit of the community. It has been running for nearly 150 years. It includes agriculture, live tunes, local art & craft items, animals, dramas & other talents & many more things.
You can enjoy your epic weekend by having fun from the 9 km Donut Dash race to the animal & livestock shows, live demos to local art & crafts workshops, magic shows to old heritage, etc.
The Chilliwack Fair is all about enjoyment, sustaining time for the whole family. You should surely visit here in your holidays, definitely worth your precious time.
Address:- 7590 Lickman Road, Chilliwack, British Columbia, Canada (Chilliwack Heritage Park)
Timings:- 9am – 6pm (expected)
Official Website:- www.chilliwackfair.com