Rental cost in Belarus: Living in a non-central location in Belarus costs about 530 BYN per month for a 1-bedroom apartment, but it will cost BYN 780 per person per month. If you are looking for an apartment with more rooms, then you should expect a higher rental cost.
The size of the apartment in Belarus is defined by the number of rooms, so a 2-room apartment would include 1 bedroom and 1 living room but no other living quarters.
How to rent an apartment in Belarus?
Renting an apartment in Belarus is quite easy. Many online platforms offer rental listings in various regions of the country, for example, Nestpick. Anyone with an Internet connection can view rented apartments in the areas they wish to visit.
How much do utilities typically cost in Belarus?
It depends on the apartment itself because some apartments are quite cheap and you have to pay utilities separately. However, if the apartment is furnished and comes with maintenance services, utilities are usually included in the monthly rent.
What amenities are included in apartments and Rental cost in Belarus?
Different areas of Belarus have different amenities in their apartments but the most common facilities are internet (free wifi), kitchen with refrigerator, stovetop, microwave, electric kettle, freezer, etc. as well as a bathroom, laundry, and entertainment. But, around the city center of Minsk where most of the homes are fully equipped and many other facilities are included such as more rooms, guest bathrooms, and parking. Generally, only high-end apartments in Minsk are pet-friendly, but sometimes it is a matter of negotiating with your landlord.
How safe are the neighborhoods in Belarus?
According to public knowledge and tourists, Belarus has very poor areas. Crime figures are lower compared to other countries. It is usually safe to search for neighborhoods near the central part of the city.
Permanent Residence in Belarus
The residence permit is practically a Belarusian passport. If you have a program to go to Belarus for permanent residence, it would be a good idea.
What is a permanent residence permit in Belarus?
If you have a residence permit, you have the same rights as citizens of Belarus:
- Right to free medical services
- Right to free education
- The power to receive benefits and rewards on an equal basis with Belarusian citizens
- You will not be capable to vote and get elected
In addition, you will not be able to work in the public service or buy land in ownership.
How to get a permanent residence authorization in Belarus?
If you have been living in Belarus with temporary residence for 5 years, you have the right to obtain a residence permit.
Family reunion and marriage registration
The following categories of citizens have the right to reconnect with their families:
- Minors and adopted persons;
- Single and unmarried children and adopted children over 18 years of age;
- Disabled parents and adoptive parents.
Study and training
A foreign student can obtain a residence permit in Belarus if he or she has a high academic record.
A foreign citizen can obtain a residence permit if he is an employee or specialist who is required by a Belarusian organization.
Investment in economy
If you invest approximately €130,000 in items of investment activity in Belarus, you may get a residence permit.
A foreign citizen can obtain a residence permit in Belarus if he or she has exceptional abilities and talents or has excellent services in Belarus, high achievements in technology, culture, and sports.
If a foreign national used to be a citizen of Belarus, he can obtain a residence permit.
If a foreign national is granted refugee status or asylum in Belarus, he or she can rely on a residence permit.
This is an opportunity to regulate the situation for foreign nationals who live in Belarus without proper documents.
Under special circumstances, a residence permit may be issued based on the decision of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Belarus.
Who can get a residence permit and know the Rental cost in Belarus?
A citizen of any country can obtain a residence permit in Belarus if the reasons listed above are by us.
Russian citizens do not require any specific reason to obtain a residence permit. This fact of being a citizen of the Russian Federation is sufficient.
Registration Costs and Conditions
The period of consideration of documents for residence permits ranges from 1 to 6 months depending on the reason for obtaining them.
State fees are 2 basic units for obtaining a residence permit in the Republic of Belarus,Europe. January 1, 2020, 1 base price equals 27 BYN $ 12. Accordingly, one must pay $ 24. You have to pay 2 basis units for the residence permit form and 0.5 basis units for registration at the place of residence. In total, you will have to pay 54 $.
Where you can apply for a residence permit in Belarus?
- You must first register at the Office of Citizenship and Migration, where you will be given a list of documents and applications required to be filled.
- Citizenship and Migration Department of Orsha Regional Department of Internal Affairs
- If you do not live in Minsk, but, for example, in the Vitebsk region in Orsha, you do not need to go to Vitebsk for registration. In this case, you can register with the Orsha Regional Department of Internal Affairs office for citizenship and migration.
To appeal for a permanent residence permit in Belarus, you must submit the following documents:
- Foreign passport (notarized translation)
- 4 photos 4×5
- Documents with no criminal record
- A document verifying the basis for getting a residence permit
- Certificate of health status
- Certificate of income
- Receipt of payment of state fees
- Period of validity of residence permit
- Initially, a residence permit is issued for 2 years, and can then be extended for 5 years
How to extend permanent residence permit in Belarus
To increase your residence permit, you must refer to the local citizenship and migration office at least 1 month before the expiration of your residence permit. You need to take 4 4×5 photos and pay 1 principal amount, and you will be given a form on the spot, which you need to fill. You must also have a document confirming the legal source of income in Belarus for the last 6 months.
Citizenship after the residence permit
Any foreign national who has reached the age of 18 has the right to apply for Belarusian citizenship.
If you have lived in Belarus for 7 consecutive years based on a residence permit, you have grounds for obtaining Belarusian citizenship.
Grounds for exclusion to grant a permanent residence permit
Individuals of the following categories may refuse to do so:
- Those who have been prosecuted and have not had their criminal records removed or removed;
- Who has been brought under administrative responsibility in Belarus five or more times during the year;
- Whose purpose of living in Belarus did not match the objectives stated in the statement;
- In the event of the elimination of the immigration quota for citizens of a certain state.
Revocation of residence permit in Belarus
A person who obtains a residence permit in Belarus must live in the country for at least 183 days a year; Otherwise, the permit can be revoked.
- Reasons for cancellation of residence permit
- Dissolution of marriage
- Administrative and criminal offences
Know every information on Rental cost in Belarus at https://gki.gov.by/en/